5:00 p.m. Registration
6:30-6:45 Announcements/ Welcome
6:45:-7:45 Mike H. 18.99 yrs. (Spring Branch) (Ballroom)
6:45-7:45 p.m. Al-Anon Discussion Meeting (Woodbine)
15 minute break
8:15-9:30 Spotlight Speaker Steve V. 39 yrs. (Jacksonville, Florida) (Ballroom) 15 minute break
10:00-12 midnight Kindred Spirits live band
7:00-8:00 a.m. Morning Meditation Open (Wilcox) 7:00-900 breakfast (hospitality room)
9:00-10:00 Jimmy L. 27 yrs.(Richmond) (Ballroom) 9:00-10:00 Al-Anon Discussion Meeting (Woodbine) 15 minute break
10:15-10:30 a.m. raffle/announcements
10:30-11:45 Spotlight speaker John S. 32 yrs. (Billings, Montana) (Ballroom) 11:45-1:00 p.m. lunch
1:00-3:00 Traditions & Relationships workshop lead by Don & Nancy J.
(Bay Area) (Ballroom) 15 minute break
3:30-4:30 Al-Anon spotlight speaker Cindy S. 32 yrs. (Billings, Montana)
5:30-7:00 Banquet (Ballroom)
For those not attending banquet
5:00-6:00 dinner break (Hospitality room) 6:00-7:00 Kevin C. 24 yrs. (Lambda) (Woodbine)
15 minute break
7:15-7:45 Recovery Countdown (Ballroom)
7:45-8:15 raffle / announcements / chairperson remarks
8:15-9:30 Spotlight Speaker Misoon W. 20 yrs. (Jacksonville, Florida) (Ballroom) 10:00-11:00 Al-Anon Candlelight Meeting (Woodbine)
10:00-12:00 midnight Dance with DJ
7:00-8:00 a.m. Morning Mediation Open (Wilcox)
8:00-9:30 breakfast (hospitality)
10-11 Spotlight Speaker Debra V. 27 yrs. (Jacksonville, Florida) (Ballroom) Hotel Checkout
12 noon Wrap-up Meeting
The Spirit of Houston Conference believes we have a responsibility to carry the message of recovery to those who need it most - the newcomer and those struggling to stay sober, regardless of the ability to pay for registration. This conference is self-supporting through registration proceeds. Funds collected through our scholarship drives and registrations ensure that those unable to pay will never be turned away.
- Marathon Meetings: Meetings in from 7:00AM until 3:00AM, except during Spotlight Speaker and Workshop and the Banquet. Please visit Wilcox for meeting schedules and topics.
- Al-Anon: Meetings in Woodbine. Please visit the Al-Anon Literature.
- Hospitality Suite: Join us for coffee (weekend coffee pass $5) and goodies in Permian (closed 10 minutes before and during Spotlight Speaker Meetings). All food must be eaten in the Hospitality Suite (Permian). “To Go” boxes for sale at 11:30PM each night. A Special Thank You to all the Groups/Clubs who graciously sponsored the Hospitality Suite this year!
- Literature, Memorabilia, and Raffle Tickets: Available in the Foyer.
- We are Walking Big Books: Remember, you may be the only Big Book the hotel’s management, staff, and guests ever see. Please let your behavior represent AA’s Principles. Excessive noise, careless smoking, and/or any sort of misuse of hotel property reflects poorly on us all and on the AA fellowship as a whole.
- SOH Wrap-Up Meeting: All are welcome to attend the wrap-up meeting in Permian at noon on Sunday. Come get involved and see how rewarding conference service work can be!
If you are new, it is our greatest desire that this conference gives you a vision of the exciting, productive and satisfying life you can have in sobriety. We hope this conference brings renewed strength, hope, and passion to your recovery.